Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Favorite One-liners

Sometimes when you're in a pinch, you just need a quick little something to get you through.  Here are my current favorites:
  • "Be here now." 
(From the teachings of mindfulness, which encourage you to stay in the moment.)

  • "Help please, Jesus." 
(Rephrased from how I teach my children to ask for help: "Help please, mommy!")
  • "I can't, but God can." 
(From the Breaking Free Bible study by Beth Moore, updated edition.)
  • "Yahushua"
(The full Hebrew name for Jesus, meaning "YaHuAH [the LORD] saves."  Please do not ever use this name without due respect.)
  • "Just Breathe"
(From my friend, Bryan Post, and from my experience, regarding the powerful effect of taking a deep breath to keep me from freaking out!)
  • "This thing in my right hand is a lie."
(From Isaiah 44:20, regarding the use of "idols," i.e., anything I turn to for false comfort or to numb the pain, rather than seeking God's true healing.)

These little beauties have saved my sanity (and the sanity of those around me!) on many occasion.  In fact, I often find myself repeating them time and again on any given day.  I hope they help you, as they have me.  Feel free to use them as needed.  Say them out loud when you can, and apply liberally!

No comments:

Post a Comment